British Eventing Youth Programme Registration – NOW OPEN!
Registration for British Eventing’s 2022 Youth Programmes is now open! Riders aged 12-21, from those just starting out on their BE journey, to those aiming to represent Great Britain on the Youth European Championship squads, can register online today.
As part of BE’s ongoing membership review, a £27 registration charge per horse and rider combination is required to contribute towards the cost of the coaching benefit and support provided at all age restricted classes.
Combinations that wish to compete in any of the age restricted classes, BE90Ou18, BE100Ou18, Pony Trials, ONu18 and OIu21, including Regional and National Championship Classes will need to register on the Youth Programme.
The fee is an annual charge for each combination entitling them to register on as many of the programmes as they choose, which is valid until 31 December 2022. At registration, riders select the Programmes that they wish to engage with as a combination. If combinations wish to join additional programmes as the season progresses, that will also be possible under the same registration fee. Members who have purchased a Premier membership will not have to pay the £27 additional fee as it is included in the membership.
To participate in age restricted competitions, riders will need to have a valid BE membership; Premier, Standard or PAYG and the horse/pony registered online.
What is the BE Youth Programme?
The BE Youth Programme supports riders aged 12-21, with the Regional Programme underpinning the Performance Programme and riders can transition in and out of each Performance Programme as they journey through the BE Youth Pathway.
The Youth Programme is made up of:
- The Regional Youth Programme
- The Pony Programme
- The Youth Performance Programme
Youth Programme Benefits
All BE Youth Programmes provide training and competition benefits including:
- Youth competition calendar
- Regional and National Youth Championships
- On-event support, course walks and mentoring
- Training opportunities with experienced British Eventing Accredited Coaches.
- Training camps
- Access to Youth Officials who offer a holistic approach to wellbeing, welfare, and competition guidance
- Parental support and education
- Advice on exploring educational opportunities delivered by other member bodies
- Overseas Development trip supported by Regional and Youth Performance Officials
- Performance Programmes offer selection trials for combinations wishing to be selected for Pony, Junior and Young Rider Championships
What is the Regional Youth Programme?
The BE Regional Youth Programme incorporates training for riders aged 12 - 21 along with the competition and training programmes at BE90Open, BE100Open and Open Novice level for under 18 riders, together with OIu21 classes. There are 8 regions across the UK with a team of Youth Officials, comprising coaches and volunteers to help and support riders and parents.
The Programme also offers a Regional Youth Team Championships for the u18 levels, as well as a CCI2*L YR individual class hosted each July at Bishop Burton.
The Programme not only helps riders with their competition ambitions, whether National of International, but also aims to provide a fun, social and friendly pathway of support to enable all to get the most out of their BE experience.
The Pony Programme
The British Eventing Pony Programme is both a competition and training programme designed to produce a team that will represent Great Britain at the European Championships as well as to coach and develop riders for pony teams in the future, and for the National Pony Championships, held at Belsay International.
- Ponies must be over six years of age, between 14hh and 14.2hh (142cm to 148cm) without shoes
- Riders must be in the year of their 12th to their 16th birthday, to compete in Pony Trials (PT)
- To compete in CCIP2*-S classes riders must be in the year of their 14th to their 16th birthday (as per FEI rules)
- Combinations must have achieved the Minimum Eligibility Requirement at BE90Ou18
The Youth Performance Programme
The aim of the Youth Performance Programme is to identify talented riders, and their horses, that may have the potential for International recognition, and to provide help and encouragement to develop that talent and potential.
The Youth Performance Programme will support combinations on their journey to the Junior National Championships, venue TBC, and the Young Rider National Championships hosted by Houghton International.
The Youth Performance Programme also prepares and selects the combinations for the annual Youth European Championships for the sponsored Juniors and Young Riders. While the Youth European Championships will represent the peak for the chosen Junior and Young Rider squads, every effort will be made for all who participate to develop the skills they will need to perform at their personal best.
Eligibility for the Junior Programme:
- Riders are required to be between the years of their 14th birthday and 18th birthday
- Combinations must have achieved the Minimum Eligibility Requirement for CCI2*-L
Eligibility for Young Rider Programme:
- Riders are required to be between the years of their 19th and 21st birthday
- Combinations must have achieved the Minimum Eligibility Requirement for CCI3*-S
If you are new to BE and need help taking out membership for an under 18 our 'How To' video may help.
Please note we are working to update our how to videos in line with the new membership categories.
Alternatively you can email email@example.com