British Eventing: Executive Assistant
British Eventing (BE) is the governing body for the sport of Eventing in Great Britain, responsible for 170 events, 23,000 horses and riders, 30,000 volunteers and many more fans! At a time when we are Olympic, World and European Champions, it is an exciting time in an exciting sport.
British Eventing currently has a vacancy for an Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive, Chairman and Board. The role is full time based partly at the BE Head Office in Warwickshire and partly from home.
Key responsibilities include:
- To act as the first point of contact for the CEO, Chairman and Directors proactively and promptly reviewing and tracking incoming enquiries such as emails, invitations, complaints, and correspondence, responding directly or advising on responses to the CEO, Chairman and Directors providing clarity of outcomes/actions.
- Manage the CEO's email inbox to ensure all important communications are flagged and receive a response.
- To make administrative arrangements and planning for internal and external meetings booked.
- Provide high level secretariat support to key internal and external meetings involving the CEO, including preparing agendas, co-ordinating or writing papers, producing minutes, and ensuring follow-up actions are progressed.
- Forward plan with the Chief Executive to ensure actions are completed and meetings are scheduled in the calendar.
- Providing project support; conducting research, reviewing and summarising reports, presentations, and documents suitable for presentation at Board and Executive level.
- Maintain a coordinated and up-to-date calendar for the CEO by determining the urgency and nature of requests, making necessary arrangements, and resolving time conflicts.
- Prepare for meetings with the Board & sub committees.
The successful candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be a self-starter, posses highly competent IT skills across the Microsoft packages and be a team player.
Please refer to the job description which describes the role and personal profile in more detail. A competitive salary is being offered for this role.
To apply please send your curriculum vitae together with a covering letter indicating suitability with details of your current salary to Wendy McGowan. Closing date for applications is 28th January 2022. Interviews will be held in early February.
Other Job Vacancies
View vacancies at the British Equestrian Federation HERE