The aim of the Youth Performance Programme is to identify talented riders, and their horses, that may have the potential for International recognition, and to provide help and encouragement to develop that talent and potential. The Youth Performance Programme will also prepare and select the combinations for the annual Youth European Championships for Juniors and Young Riders.
A programme of training with the Youth Performance Coaches during the early months of each year provides the opportunity for rider education, as well as their connections. Formal trials at selected venues, and open competitions at other venues, will give riders a chance to demonstrate their potential in competition.
While the Youth European Championships will represent the peak for the chosen Junior and Young Rider squads, every effort will be made for all who participate in the programme to gain from the education and the competition and to have fun while doing so.
If you are aiming for the Youth European Championships at Junior and Young Rider level, you will need to register for the relevant level:
As the Youth Performance Programme works towards the 2020 Youth European Championships at Hartpury from 27th July – 2 August, Development Squad combinations will be invited to attend training with the Youth Performance Coaches, along with receiving support from the wider Youth Performance team who will work closely with rider’s own home team, including coaches, vet, farrier and physiotherapist.
Inclusion in the Development Squad is entirely performance related, and the invitation to join will be extended to other eligible combinations as the 2020 season progresses.
Junior riders, in the years of 14th to 18th birthday, must have finished in the top ten percent of all starters at a CCI2*-L or above or have represented GB at a CCIJ Championship class in the current calendar year.
For Young Riders, in the years of their 16th to 21st birthday, must have finished in the top ten percent of starters at a CCI3*-L or above or have represented GB at a CCIYR Championship class in the current calendar year.
Juniors from 2019 (in alphabetical order)
- Georgia Bartlett and Spano de Nazca
- Tom Bird and Rebel Rhyme
- Alice Casburn and Topspin II
- Jess Corser and Moangarriff Duke
- Molly Faulkner and Call Me Cooley
- Ellie Fredericks with Joubert and Mandorior
- Georgina Herrling with Falvaro and Kilpatrick Knight
- Oliver Jackson and Viktor Krum
- Milo Kennedy and Moher Prince
- Elicia Miller and A Sunny Bay
- Josh Moore and Funny Boy Fortune
- Polly Muirhead and Catherston Definitive
- Saffie Osborne and Lakantus
- Leilia Paske and Billy McFee
- Daisy Proctor and CDS Luca
- Jemima Stratton and Global H
- Darcy Zander and Gold Strike Blue
Young Riders from 2019 (in alphabetical order)
- Imo Brook and San Solo
- Richard Coney with Kananaskis and Mermus R Diamonds
- Heidi Coy with Royal Fury and Russal Z
- Sasha Hargreaves and Playtime
- Ellie Hope and Limestone Romeo
- Phoebe Locke with Bellagio Declyange and Pica D’or
- Lewis Mclean and Lissyegan Mikie Lou
- Kate Shapland and Uris Cavalier
- Bubby Upton with Eros DHI, Cola III and Cannavaro
For more information on the Youth Performance Programme, including eligibility and MERs, please contact the Sport Team on email@example.com or 02476 010356.