The British Eventing Pony Programme is both a competition and training programme designed to produce a team that will represent Great Britain at the European Championships as well as to coach and develop riders for pony teams in the future, and for the National Pony Championships.
Eligibility for Pony Trials and Pony Open Novice
- To compete in Pony Trials riders must be in the year of their 12th to their 16th birthday.
- To compete in CCIP2*-S classes riders must be in the year of their 14th to their 16th birthday (as per FEI rules).
- Over six years of age, between 14hh and 14.2hh (142cm to 148cm) without shoes
British Eventing welcomes everyone who wishes to participate, however it must be noted that the competitions included in the Pony Programme are run at Novice level (1.10m), with Novice level dressage, and that riders and ponies should be competent to compete at this level of technicality.
Members who are not yet competing at Novice level or above and would like to get involved can register and participate in all the training activities to better prepare them for Pony Trials.
National Pony Championship
Hosted annually at CCI2*-S level, the 2021 National Pony Championship take place at Belsay Horse Trials.
Eligibility for the National Pony Championship and CCI2*-S for Ponies
- Riders in the year of their 14th birthday until the end of the year of their 16th.
- Ponies must be between 142cm (14hh) and 148cm (14.2hh) without shoes.
- Ponies must be at least six years old.
- As a combination, pony and rider must be qualified as per the CCI2*-S eligibility criteria.
- All entries are subject to the approval of the Chairman of Pony Selectors.
All ponies competing under FEI Rules are required to be vaccinated in accordance with FEI Veterinary Regulations and Rules for eventing.
View the full details HERE.
European Championship for Ponies
Following the cancellation of the 2020 championships, due to COVID-19, details of the 2021 event are to be confirmed by the FEI.
All combinations must be certified by their national federation as qualified to compete at the required level.
View the full details in the FEI Rule Book HERE.
- File205.8 KB
Selectors and Officials
- Jill Barker (Chairman)
- Mrs Penny Brooks (Selector)
- Robert Haag (Selector)
- Jon Collins (Selector)
- Frances Hay-Smith (Selector)
- Jonquil Hemming (Coach)
- Tim Booth (Vet)
- Gemma Harriss (BE International and Youth Coordinator)