NEW FOR 2021
The Science Supplements Area Festivals will include new-look BE80(T), BE90 and BE100 Area Qualifiers replacing existing Regional Finals, and new Area Championship classes at BE80(T), BE80(T) Open, BE90, BE90 Open, BE100 and BE100 Open providing an additional aim for grassroots riders.
In 2021, the Area Festivals will be held at four prestigious locations across the country and will be run as standalone events with Championship technicality courses and international size dressage arenas.
Science Supplements Area Festival Venues 2021
Following a tender process which saw 14 events apply to host an Area Festival, we are delighted to announce that the venues hosting Area Festivals from 2021 will be:
- Firle Place, Sussex (15-16 May)
- Frickley Park, South Yorkshire (19-20 June)
- Chillington Hall, Staffordshire/Shropshire border (26-27 June)
- Northern/Scottish region Area Festival venue – to be announced soon*
NEW CLASSES OPEN FOR ALL
The Frickley Park and Chillington Hall Science Supplements Area Festivals are now hosting new classes to give non-qualified competitors the chance to enjoy competing at these fantastic venues.
Due to the loss of grassroots national classes for weather abandonments and as a result of this being an exceptional year, BE members will have the opportunity to compete at the Area Festivals in the following classes:
Frickley Hall 19- 20 June:
- BE90 – Saturday
- BE100 – Sunday
Chillington Hall 26- 27 June:
- BE100– Sunday
Only limited places are available and entries will be taken on a first come first served basis.
How can I qualify?
How do I qualify for an Area Festival?
Combinations will have the opportunity to qualify for Area Championships and Area Qualifiers held at the Science Supplements Area Festivals in the following ways:
Eligible combinations can qualify to compete for the title of the BE80(T), BE80(T) Open, BE90, BE90 Open, BE100 and BE100 Open Area Champion in two ways:
- By achieving two double-clears between 1st July 2019 and 02 May 2021 or
- By being placed in the top percentage of a normal BE80(T), BE90, BE90 Open, BE100 or BE100 Open class (please check %'s below)
In line with the previous Regional Final qualifications, the top percentage of eligible combinations placed at BE80(T), BE90 and BE100 events will qualify to compete at Area Qualifiers. The top percentage of combinations then placed at the Area Qualifiers will go on to compete at the BE90 and BE100 Championship held at Badminton and the BE80(T) Championship.
Those combinations that currently hold a Regional Final qualification, will automatically be eligible to enter an Area Qualifier in 2021.
Who is eligible?
- For BE80(T), BE90 and BE100 Area Championship and Area Qualifier classes horses must be Grade 4 at Ballot Date of the Area Festival.
- BE80(T) Open, BE90 Open and BE100 Open Area Championship classes are accessible to any grade of horse.
- Each horse and rider must be eligible to ride at the relevant class on the date of Area Festival.
- Horses must be ridden by the same rider throughout the qualifying process.
- Except for Open Classes, riders must not have competed at Intermediate or higher for the current or preceding 5 seasons
- Riders must have never competed at 5* level.
*NEW* BE80 OPEN
New for 2021 is the opportunity for eligible riders competing horses with grading points to qualify for the BE80 Area Championship classes. Combinations need to gain one double clear at any BE80 event, entering these classes HC.
Area Festivals Rules and Eligibility
- File361.61 KB
- File401.27 KB
- File402.13 KB