NEW FOR 2021
Developed with the Rider Working Group representing riders at Novice level and above and in conjunction with the Eventing Riders Association of Great Britain (ERA of GB) , the Novice Masters aims to provide members in their 18th year of birth and above with an achievable new goal, with consistent performance being rewarded. Combinations will qualify for the new series by achieving two double-clears at Novice, therefore bringing together many riders competing at this level.
As well as riding a bespoke dressage test designed especially for this class, in an international sized 20m x 60m arena with two dressage judges, Novice Masters competitors can choose to ride their test in a Tailcoat, adding to the special feel of this occasion.
Novice Masters Venues 2021
The Novice Masters classes will create a new regional goal for riders, and the following well-established venues have been selected with broad geographic spread in mind.
We are delighted to confirm that the following five venues will host a Novice Masters class in 2021*:
- May – Glamis Castle, Angus
- June – Catton Park, Derbyshire
- July – Barbury, Wiltshire
- August – Little Downham (2), Cambridgeshire
- September – Allerton Park, North Yorkshire
We hope that this new series is a huge success and that it can continue to grow in 2022 and beyond.
Who is eligible for the Novice Masters?
There are no restrictions on grade of horse but combinations must be eligible to compete at Intermediate Novice level. In order to create an opportunity specifically for adult riders in the middle tier of membership, the following exclusions will apply:
- Top 150 BE riders as of the previous two calendar years are ineligible.
- Riders who have completed a 5* in the past 10 years or finished in the top 25% of a 4* in the past 5 years are ineligible.
- Riders must be in their 18th year of birth or above.
How do you qualify for Novice Masters?
At any Novice, CCI2*-S or CCI2*-L class within the qualifying period (2020 season and up to ballot date of Novice Masters class in 2021), achieving either:
- One (1) finishing result in top 25% of Dressage Starters in each Section or Class
- Two (2) Double Clears
*Excludes results from ONu18, PON, PT, CCIP* and CCI2* Reserved for Ponies.