YOUTH DEVELOPMENT SQUAD SUPPORTS THE NEXT GENERATION
British Eventing is pleased to announce the combinations that will be joining the 2021 British Eventing Youth Performance Development Squad.
The Development Squad identifies horses and riders currently on the BE Youth Performance Programme who have met the competition performance criteria for their age group.
As the Youth Performance Programme works towards the 2021 Youth European Championships in Segersjö, Sweden, 26-29 August 2021, Development Squad combinations will be invited to attend training with the Youth Performance Coaches, along with receiving support from the wider Youth Performance team who will work closely with rider’s own home team, including coaches, vet, farrier and physiotherapist.
Youth Performance Manager, Darrell Scaife, commented; “It is great to have so many combinations qualified for a European Championship, and demonstrates the resourcefulness and resilience of riders in these challenging times.”
Inclusion in the Development Squad is entirely performance related, and the invitation to join will be extended to other eligible combinations as the 2021 season progresses.
NAF Juniors (in alphabetical order)
- Daisy Bathe and Mexican Wave
- Hannah Bird and Carraroe Grey Road
- Sophie Byford and Handsome
- Xanthe De Wesselow and CDS Rock Away Beach
- Ellie Fredericks and Lachain Crux
- Izzy Hall and Greenvale Altered Image
- Lucy Hattersley and Bennys Quality Star
- Henry Hobby and Hazzle Dazzle
- Phoebe Hughes and Fabris
- Tara Murphy with Monbeg Maximus and Rincoola Rolo
- Lucy Richards and Wicklow Into Orbit
- Jaymee Savill and Grange Ash Sparrow
- Keeva Stott and Ardfield Tower
- Alice Watt and Greenfort Marbridge
- Florence White and Hakuna Matata VDZ
Young Riders (in alphabetical order)
- Sadie Abel and Ericantos VDB
- Georgia Bartlett and Spano De Nazca
- Tom Bird with Rebel Rhyme and Cowling Hot Gossip
- Barnie Brotherton and Cash Casino
- Alice Casburn and Topspin II
- Heidi Coy with Russal Z, Carrigsean Tigerseye and Royal Fury
- Molly Faulkner and Call Me Cooley
- Oliver Jackson and Viktor Krum
- Saffie Osborne and Lakantus
- Daisy Proctor and CDS Lu Ca
- Jess Rimmer and Diamond Bobby
The Youth Development squad is open to Junior riders, in the years of their 14th to 18th birthday, and Young Riders, in the years of their 16th to 21st birthday, who have achieved the MER qualification for the 2021 Junior and Young Rider European Championships as an athlete/horse combination between 1 January 2020 and 29 June 2021.
The British Junior squad are kindly sponsored by NAF; NAF is one of the UK’s largest and most established manufacturers of equine supplements; their products are used and highly respected by many event riders which is reflected in them also being the trusted Official Suppliers to the British Equestrian Teams promoting Clean Sport as one of their key company values.
Through their sponsorship NAF are supporting the next generation of British team riders via the Junior Programme, which helps recognise combinations for the NAF Junior team heading for the European Championships, and those aiming for the NAF National Junior Championships at South of England.
Registration for the 2021 Youth Performance Programme will open soon, and combinations who achieve the criteria in 2021 will be added to the above list.
For more information on the Youth Performance Programme visit the BE website HERE