Team Challenge – Applications Open!
Applications for the new Rowen Barbary Team Challenge being held at Weston Park (2) 10-11 October are now open! This new grassroots team competition has been introduced for adult riders in their 19th year and above and will run at both BE80(T) and BE90 Open with ten teams of a maximum of four riders contesting each level.
What is the Team Challenge?
The Team Challenge is a new team competition for riders in their 19th year of birth and above. The Team Challenge will take place at two levels – teams can either contest the BE80(T) or BE90 Open Team Challenge. Teams will be made up of four combinations (minimum of three) and ten teams will be accepted to compete at each level.
How do I create a team?
Part of the fun of the Team Challenge is putting your own team together, either with existing friends or with new ones! If you would like to find additional members of a team you can use our dedicated Team Challenge Facebook Group.
Do I have to be a BE member to take part?
Yes, for 2020 riders will need to be Full members and horses will need to have a half or a full horse season pass. You don't need to be a paid member at the time of applying, only at the point of making the entry. You do need to have each team member registered on the BE system before applying, if they haven't competed with BE before - riders can register details on our system HERE, and you can find information on registering your horse HERE.
What are the rules and eligibility for the Team Challenge?
View the updated rules and eligibility criteria for the Team Challenge at Weston park (2) HERE.
What is the application process?
- View the full rules and eligibility criteria HERE.
- Gather a team of between 3-4 combinations (use our designated Facebook group to find team members HERE!) and appoint a team captain
- Make sure that all members of your team have their details registered with British Eventing (both human and equine). You don't need to be a paid member at the time of applying, only at the point of making the entry. Riders can register details on our system HERE, and you can find information on registering your horse HERE.
- Decide which team competition class you want to enter at Weston Park - either the BE80TC or BE90TC.
- Apply for your class of choice (applications will be accepted on a first come first serve basis so make sure to get yours in EARLY). Once applications have closed (14 August), you will be notified as to whether your team has been successful.
- If your team was notified as being accepted, make your entries once Weston Park (2) opens. You will each enter the designated section i.e. BE80TC or BE90TC as an individual stating which team you are in on the entry form. At least three team members will need to make an entry by Ballot Date in order to avoid the team place being passed down to the next team on the waitlist.
- Have fun!
|APPLY / REGISTER HERE|
We look forward to welcoming you to the Team Challenge at Weston Park (2), 10-11 October 2020 sponsored by Rowen Barbary.
For full details of the Team Challenge visit https://www.britisheventing.com/Team-Challenge
Changes to the 2020 Team Challenge
Earlier in the year we announced the introduction of this new Team Challenge format with qualifiers leading to a National Championship. As a result of the impact Covid-19 has had on the running of events, we have taken feedback from the Grassroots Rider Working Group and have adapted the concept for 2020. For 2020, the Team Challenge will be a direct-entry at Weston Park (2) on 10-11 October 2020. We hope that this will give riders additional time to get their friends together to form teams, and we look forward to revisiting the full pilot in 2021.