Horsescotland - Social Media Volunteer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a creative and proactive volunteer to fill the Social Media position at horsescotland.
As part of the horsescotland organisation, the social media volunteer will work alongside the horsescotland team. This role would suit someone who has a passion and interest in equestrian sport and wants to gain invaluable industry and CV building experience working for a national sports organisation. You will work closely with riders on the horsescotland Performance Squad, Coaches, Member Bodies, horsescotland Board and Sport Organisations to enhance the development of equestrian sport in Scotland.
horsescotland is the national organisation for all equestrian sports and activity in Scotland and was founded in 1998. The vision that we share with our members is: "To enable those in our sport and sector, by supporting their development, to excel in what they do best”.
At horsescotland we are passionate about communication to all our stakeholders using all possible communication channels. If you have skills, knowledge, and experience in any/all of the following areas we would like to hear from you.
· Create and oversee social media posts, promotional emails, videos, and image content and other marketing collateral for all our communication channels.
· Set up tracking systems for campaigns and online activities.
· Conduct market research to identify marketing and communication opportunities
· Create, maintain and strengthen the organisation’s overall brand through all media avenues.
· Monitor social media platform enquiries
· Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices and technologies
· Attend monthly staff and board meetings
· Work together with staff in organising National Equestrian Events & Roadshows
· Attend occasional evening and weekend events as needed, taking photographs, cataloguing all photos and posting on social media
· Develop marketing initiatives and activities on horsescotland App
· Strong Editing Skills video & photography
· Strong communication and organisational skills
· Social media savvy
· Ability to work proactively within a team as well as independently
· Strong sense of urgency blended with high quality standards
· Microsoft Office experience required
· Ability to prioritise and work well to deadlines
· Good Understanding of Google Analytics, Facebook and Ads
· Understanding of managing a website – ideally WIX.
· Equine background and interest preferred
To apply please send your C.V. and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Social Media Volunteer Application. Closing date: 5pm Friday 23rd July 2021