Eventing nominated entries for Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games updated
British Equestrian announce the final changes to the eventing nominated entries originally published on 21 May and the jumping list released on 3 June.
Following the completion of the three selection competitions, the British Eventing Selectors have replaced Pippa Funnell and Ben Hobday with William Fox-Pitt now added to the nine with Little Fire. Nicola Wilson’s Bulana now moves to a reserve slot, although Nicola remains on the nominated list with new addition JL Dublin.
Final eventing nominated entries, listed in alphabetical order by athlete surname:
- Rosalind Canter (35) based in Hallington, Lincolnshire, with Caroline Moore and her own Allstar B (bay, gelding, 16yrs, 17hh, Ephebe For Ever x Erkstein, Breeder: FAJ Van der Burg NED)
- Laura Collett (31) based in Salperton, Gloucestershire, with Karen Bartlett, Keith Scott and her own London 52 (bay, gelding, 12yrs, 16.3hh, Landos x Quinar, Breeder: Ocke Riewerts GER)
- William Fox- Pitt (52) based in Sturminster Newton, Dorset, with Jennifer Dowling and his own Little Fire (bay, gelding, 12yrs, 17.0hh, Graf Top x Heraldik GER)
- Kitty King (38) based in Chippenham, Wiltshire, with Diana Bown, Sally Eyre, Samantha Wilson and Sally Lloyd-Baker’s Vendredi Biats (grey, gelding, 12yrs, 16.2hh, Winningmood x Camelia de Ruelles, Breeder: Phillipe Brivois FRA)
- Piggy March (40) based in Maidwell, Northamptonshire, with John and Chloe Perry and Alison Swinburn’s Brookfield Inocent (bay, gelding, 12yrs, 16.3hh, Inocent x Kings Servant, Breeder: John Mulvey IRL)
- Tom McEwen (30) based in Stroud, Gloucestershire, with Fred and Penny Barker, Jane Inns and Ali McEwen’s Toledo de Kerser (bay, gelding, 14yrs, 16.1hh, Diamant de Semilly x Papillon Rouge, Breeder: Kerstin Drevet FRA)
- Harry Meade (37) based in West Littleton, Wiltshire, with Mandy Gray and his own Superstition (bay, gelding, 12yrs, 16.1hh, s. Satisfaction FRH, Breeder: Eva Meier GBR)
- Oliver Townend (38) based in Ellesmere, Shropshire, with Karyn Schuter, Angela Hislop and Val Ryan’s Ballaghmor Class (grey, gelding, 14yo, 16.2hh, s. Courage II, Breeder: Noel Hicky IRL)
- Nicola Wilson (44) based in Northallerton, North Yorkshire, with Deirdre Johnston and James and Jo Lambert’s JL Dublin (dark brown, gelding, 10yo, 16.2hh, Diarados Cheeky Boy x Cantano, Breeder: Volker Coettsche-Goetze GER)
Reserve nominated entries, listed in alphabetical order by athlete surname:
- Sarah Bullimore (48) based in Keysoe, Bedfordshire, with the Kew Jumping Syndicate, Brett Bullimore and her own Corouet (chestnut, gelding, 10yrs, 15.2hh, Balou du Rouet x Lovis Corinth, Breeder: Sarah Bullimore GBR)
- Oliver Townend (38) based in Ellesmere, Shropshire, with Angela Hislop’s Cooley Master Class (bay, gelding, 16yrs, 16.2hh, Ramiro B x Master Imp, Breeder: John Hagan IRL)
- Nicola Wilson (44) based in Northallerton, North Yorkshire, with James and Jo Lambert’s Bulana (black, mare, 15yrs, 16.3hh, Tygo x Furore, Breeder: S van Dellen NED)
For showjumping, the British Showjumping Selectors have replaced William Funnell, following an injury, and Harry Charles’ reserve horse on the list. William Whitaker has been added to the nine nominated entries with Galtur, while Amy Inglis is now named as a reserve with Wishes.
Final jumping nominated entries, listed in alphabetical order by athlete surname:
- Scott Brash (34) based in Horsham, West Sussex, with Lady Pauline Harris and Lady Pauline Kirkham’s Hello Jefferson (bay, gelding, 16.1hh, 12yrs, s. Cooper van de Heffink, Breeder: Bernard Mols BEL)
- Harry Charles (22) based in Alton, Hampshire, with Ann Thompson and his own Romeo 88 (bay, gelding, 17hh, 12yrs, Contact van de Heffinck x Orlando, Breeder: Picobello Horses BEL)
- Ben Maher (38) based in Bishop Stortford, Hertfordshire, with Charlotte Rossetter, Pamela Wright and his own Explosion W (chestnut, gelding, 16.1hh, 12yrs, Chacco-Blue x Baloubet de Rouet, Breeder: W Wijnen NED)
- Emily Moffitt (22) based in Evesham, Worcestershire, with Poden Farms and Neil and Heidi Moffitt’s Winning Good(bay, gelding., 16.3hh, 12yrs, Winningmood x Sir Corland, Breeder: WFM van Gestel NED)
- Holly Smith (30) based in Loughborough, Leicestershire, with Ian Dowie’s Denver (bay, gelding, 17.1hh, 13yrs, Albfueheren’s Memphis x Chico’s Boy, Breeder: MG and AA Woertman NED)
- Alexandra Thornton (28) based in Valkenswaard, The Netherlands, with Dunwalke Ltd’s Cornetto K (dark bay, gelding, 16.2hh, 15yrs, Cornet Obolensky x Calido, Breeder: Johann Krull NED)
Ellen Whitaker (35) based in Barnsley, South Yorkshire and Europe, with Norman Oley’s Arena UK Winston (black, gelding, 17hh, 12yrs, s. Waldo van Dungen x Hamilton Tropics, Breeder: Brenda Morelli IRL)
- William Whitaker (31) based in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire with Philip Tuckwell’s Galtur (grey, gelding, 16.2hh, 11yrs, Cornet’s Stern x Balou du Rouet, Breeder: Philip Tuckwell GBR)
- James Wilson (26) based in Frome, Somerset and Europe, with Heather Larson and Susan Larson’s Imagine de Muze (black, mare, 16.2hh, 13yrs, s. Nabab de Reve x Chin Chin, Breeder: Joris De Brabander BEL)
The following have been named as reserves:
- Scott Brash – first reserve: Lady Pauline Harris and Lady Pauline Kirkham’s Hello Senator (bay, gelding, 16hh, 12yrs, Carambole x Indoctro, Breeder: Henstra and Henstra NED) and second reserve: Lady Pauline Harris and Lady Pauline Kirkham’s Hello Vincent (bay, gelding, 15.3hh, 12yrs, Consul DL Vie Z x Fergar Mail, Breeder: Raphael Dulin and Annick Dulin Legoupil FRA)
- Amy Inglis (24) based in Haywards Heath, West Sussex, with Claire Inglis’s Wishes (chestnut, mare, 16.1hh, 13yrs, Guidam x Wellington, Breeder: Claire Inglis GBR)
The named 12 combinations for each discipline have now been submitted to the Fédération Equestre Internationale (FEI) as our nominated entries for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games. Only the combinations who appear on the nominated entries list may be put forward to the British Olympic Association for selection to the Games. The nominated list of 12 for the Tokyo Paralympic Games will submitted to the FEI on 5 July 2021.
Selection decisions are subject to the athlete and horse maintaining fitness and performance. The selected squad of four combinations and their grooms to travel to the Tokyo Olympic Games, plus reserves, in each discipline will be announced on 28 June 2021. The squad of four for the Tokyo Paralympic Games will be revealed on 16 July 2021.