Posted on 7th May 2020

Championships Update

As I have previously mentioned, a lot of work has been going on behind the scenes in relation to championships as we know how important championships are to many of you, and we will continue to find alternatives where we can.


Airowear 2019 BE80(T) Championship

Following two cancellations due to bad weather, the rescheduled 2019 championship was due to run at Norton Disney at the start of April. 

We are in discussions with both Burghley and Norton Disney about the rescheduling of this championship.  As the situation unfolds, we will update you further.


Science Supplements Cup for the BE90 and BE100 Championships – 5 & 6 May 2020

We are pleased to announce that we have agreed with both Badminton Horse Trials and Science Supplements that the Science Supplements Cup Championships for 2020 will be held alongside the 2021 Championships next May.

We continue to monitor the situation regarding the 2021 regional finals and will update on plans for qualification for the 2021 Championships as soon as we are able.


British Pony Championship – 28 – 30 May 2020

In conjunction with Belsay and the Youth Programme, the decision has been made to cancel the British Pony Championships due to take place at Belsay International.  There are discussions taking place about alternatives and we announce further details if this is possible.


Youth Championships – 24-26 July 2020

In conjunction with Bishop Burton and the Youth Programme personnel, we have made the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 championships due to be held in July.  The period of lockdown and the uncertainty of when we will be able to recommence sport means that it is unlikely there will be sufficient time to run appropriate qualifiers and training to ensure that competitors are ready for their championships.

We are pleased to announce that we will run, for one year only, an U19 championships in 2021 which we hope will provide those competitors disappointed this year a chance to compete next year.   Further details will be released in due course.


Magic Millions Festival of British Eventing – 8-9 August 2020

We continue to work closely with the team at Gatcombe and will update further as soon as any decision is made.  The team remain committed to running the championships if possible and we are considering all options, including rescheduling, to enable this to happen.


Discussion about all other championships due later in the season continues, and we will update in due course as the position about recommencement of sport becomes clearer.