BE Finance and Commercial Committee vacancies
British Eventing is seeking to appoint two members onto the BE Finance and Commercial Committee.
British Eventing (BE) is the governing body for the Olympic sport of Eventing in the UK and is a member of the British Equestrian Federation. BE is responsible for the running of the sport for the benefit of its members. It provides events and competition opportunities ranging from grassroots to professional riders.
The Finance and Commercial Committee is a sub-committee of the Board of British Eventing. Its purpose is to provide advice, guidance and recommendations to the Board on the following: Audit, Business Risk Management, Financial Management & Investment, Remuneration and Commercial. We are now looking for two new members of the committee, at least one of which should hold a professional accountancy qualification.
We welcome applications for the vacancies from those with a good knowledge of the sport, have general business and or financial experience and with the following skills and attributes:
- Upholds the highest standards of integrity and adheres to the Seven Principles of Public Life (selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership)
- (At least one of the candidates) Is a qualified accountant (preferably ICAEW)
- (At least one of the candidates) Has a strong understanding of the role of an auditor, and an ability to question
- Has an appreciation of the balance between revenue, cost and profit, as they relate to the long term future of the sport.
- Has a strong sense of team-work and is willing to work collaboratively with all stakeholders.
- Is a member of BE
Term of Office and time commitment
A member of the Finance & Commercial committee may stand for two terms of four years each. Meetings are held usually 4-6 times a year but may be more frequent if required. Ad-hoc issues may be dealt with via email or conference call as required.
• The role is voluntary. Out of pocket expenses will be paid.
British Eventing actively promotes diversity and welcomes applications from all parts of the community.
If you are interested and feel you have the time and skills to become a member of this committee, please send your applications in the form of a CV and an application letter, by email to the chair of the committee, Chris Tattersall whose email address is email@example.com by Monday 17th May 2021.