A Day Pass Membership is ideal for riders who want to have a go at eventing for the first time, are competing only at BE80(T) level, or those who only want to compete a few times in the season. This membership costs £15 per year and expires at the end of the calendar year in which it was purchased.
Cost - 2020
Via the Office
Day Pass Membership
** Green membership is for two (Full or Owner) members at the same address, where one member can opt to become the green member and not receive a second copy of the bi-monthly magazine
How does it work?
A Day Pass Membership means that you can compete from BE80(T) level up to Intermediate Novice level at BE events, by purchasing Day Passes for each event. Day Passes are one use only ‘tickets’ that allow you to compete with BE without having a Full Membership for the rider or a Season Ticket for the horse (excluding Championships and National Finals). For each new event, you will need new Day Passes.
What are Day Passes?
There are Horse Day Passes and Rider Day Passes. You can have an unlimited amount of Horse Day Passes in the season, but you can only have up to FOUR Rider Day Passes in one season.
For BE80(T) classes, you will only need a Horse Day Pass for each competition you do, which means that you can compete at BE80(T) level as many times as you’d like in one season on a Day Pass Membership. For BE90 through to Intermediate Novice, you will need BOTH a Horse Day Pass and a Rider Day Pass for each competition you do, meaning you can compete up to four times per season at these levels. If you want to compete more at these levels, you will need a Full Membership for yourself.
How do I buy a Day Pass?
If you are already a member of British Eventing you will need to login, go to 'My Account' and click on ‘Buy Passes’ – watch our HOW TO video for a step by step guide.
Before you can purchase Day Passes, you must:
- Have a Day Pass, Supporter or Full Membership. Owner, Joint Owner, Syndicate and Corporate Members can purchase Horse Day Passes, but they cannot ride in competition – the rider must have a Day Pass, Supporter or a Full Membership. Full Members will only need to purchase a Horse Day Pass in order to compete.
- Register the horse with British Eventing*. Registration is free but there are some key pieces of information that you should be aware of, and certain pieces of documentation that you will need to provide. Please ensure you read how to register your horse HERE before trying to purchase a Horse Membership.
*If your horse has ever been registered with British Eventing before (with you or a previous owner) you do not need to complete a horse registration. If they have previously been registered with you as the owner you will need to log into your BE account, select My Horses, and here you will find all the information in order to purchase Season Tickets/Day Passes etc. If they have been registered with a different owner, you will need to complete a change of ownership. Find out more HERE.
How much do Day Passes cost?
A Horse Day Pass costs £16 and a Rider Day Pass costs £16, but if you purchase them both online in the same transaction, you will pay a reduced rate of £25 instead of £32. If are not a current member of BE, you will first need to purchase a membership HERE.
Can I qualify for Championships with Day Passes?
You can qualify for and compete in Regional Finals for the BE80, BE90 and BE100 Championships on Day Passes, however in order to compete at the Championships themselves you will need to have a Season Ticket for your horse and Full Membership for yourself.
What happens if my event is abandoned?
If your event is abandoned you can use your Day Pass to make an entry to another event. In order to make your Day Pass available again for further entries, please contact the Membership Team at email@example.com.
Refunds for passes are only for medical, veterinary, balloting or abandonment reasons and any refund must be applied for before 31 December of the year in which the pass was purchased. Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure that the horse's BE registered name is on the vet's letter and application - not the stable name. Please note that the maximum refund amount available is up to 95 per cent.
Benefits for Day Pass Members
As well as being able to purchase Day Passes in order to compete, Day Pass Membership offers the following benefits:
- Members' Handbook
- A condensed digital version of our bi-monthly 'British Eventing Life' magazine
- Discounted tickets to key top British Eventing events, including Equi-Trek Bramham Horse Trials and The Festival of British Eventing at Gatcombe
- Ticket offers with selected partners such as Olympia and Windsor Horse Shows, Battle Proms and many more
- Free access to the 'Inspired Rewards' website, giving members access to special offers, discounted gift cards and e-gift cards. Brands include Pizza Express, Sainsbury's, JoJo Maman Bébé, Hobbycraft, Debenhams and Caffè Nero to name a few
- Personalised EquiRatings Report for each rider and owner of a horse competing with BE
- Member discounts to our winter competitions Jump Training and Arena Eventing
Associate Registration - free
Create an online account with British Eventing to keep up to date with the latest news, get involved as a fan or volunteer, be a parent/guardian, book training, shop online and more.
Day Pass Membership - from £15
Day Pass Membership is ideal for riders who want to have a go at eventing for perhaps the first time, or who can only compete a few times in a season. Read more
Supporter Membership - from £25
Love the sport of eventing but don't have a horse? Stay connected and enjoy behind-the-scenes experiences, meet and greets with top riders and more. Read more
Company Supporter Membership - from £25
If you sponsor a rider and have your logos displayed during competition, find out more about our Company Supporter Membership. Read more
Owner Membership - from £85
This Membership is for sole owners who own a horse that they do not compete themselves, but that is ridden and competed by someone else. Read more
Full Membership - from £125
Full Membership is the ideal membership if you are looking to compete as a rider throughout the entire season. Read more
Joint Owner Membership - from £130
For two people who own a horse that they do not ride in competition, Joint Owner Membership is ideal. Read more
Syndicate Membership - from £220
Syndicate Membership is for people who want to share the ownership of one or more horses. If there are three or more owners of a horse, then this is the membership you need. Read more
Corporate Membership - from £220
If your company owns a horse that competes with BE, we have a membership for you. Read more