British Eventing’s BE90 Regional Team Challenge is a brand new team competition for adult riders at BE90 level, hosted at Weston Park (2), Shropshire, in October 2019.
This new competition opportunity, designed especially for adult riders at the grassroots levels of the sport, will see riders competing for their region as part of a team of five.
Who can compete in the Regional Team Challenge?
To be eligible for the Regional Team Challenge:
- Be in their 19th year or above
- Be a Full Member
- Be eligible to compete at BE90 level
Horse and Rider combinations must:
- Have achieved three double clears at BE90 level in 2019,
- Not have competed at the Mitsubishi Motors Cup
- Not have completed more than two BE100 classes
- Have attended a minimum of two BE Accredited Training courses between the 1st September 2018 and the 1st August 2019 (a two day camp will count as two days) in the qualifying period.
- The qualifying period runs from the 1st September 2018 to the 1st August 2019
- The horse and rider’s cumulative foundation points from their three best runs within the qualifying criteria will be taken as a total and those 5 applicants with the best total will be the team. In the event of equality the combination’s placings within the competing section will have points awarded on a sliding scale where 1st =10 points, 2nd=8 points, 3rd =6 points, 4th=4 points, 5th=2 points and 6th-10th = 1 point. In the event of further equality the combination’s overall competing record will be considered.
- No rider appearing on either the incident or discipline list will be eligible to compete.
- It is the rider’s responsibility to provide their three qualifying scores by the closing date of application which will then be verified by the RDOs, with assistance from the Sport team if required.
How can I enter the Regional Team Challenge?
Riders wanting to compete in the BE90 Regional Team Challenge can apply online at britisheventing.com – exact details will be released in due course. Five combinations, plus two non-travelling reserves will be selected from eligible applicants. Applications close on the 31st August 2019.
Eight regional teams made up of five combinations will compete against each other at Weston Park (2), Shropshire, on one day between the 12-13 October – exact day of competition is to be confirmed. Each team of five will allow for one drop score, and the team with the lowest cumulative score will be crowned the inaugural British Eventing BE90 Regional Team Challenge Champions 2019.