Fairfax Britannia League
Another competitive year in the Fairfax Britannia League sees success for Sam Ecroyd and his own Wodan III as they take the title following a brilliant 2016 season.
The Britannia League was developed by longstanding BE supporter and Event Horse Owner Nigella Hall, with British Eventing, to give British riders who haven't started competition at FEI European Championships, World Equestrians Games or Olympic Games, a substantial reward to target each season.
The League uses the BE points system, with points being accrued at three star level events in the UK as well as at FEI Nations Cup fixtures.
There was a new Fairfax Britannia League Prize Fund for 2015, with Fairfax Saddles generously contributing to the £5000 rider bursary fund for the leading rider at the end of the season as well as towards the bursary of £3000 for the second placed rider and £1000 to third. Nigella Hall also continued to fund the League and provided the Owner of the leading horse with a beautiful bronze trophy.
To reward the riders even further, Fairfax Saddles also offered the following performance enhancing products from their range as part of the Britannia League sponsorship:
- A Fairfax Saddle and Performance Girth of the winning rider's choice
- A Fairfax Performance Girth to the second and third placed riders in the League.
Dani not only won the 2015 League but also took third place with Vanessa Watson's Raphael II. She commented “It's wonderful to have something to aim for that recognises the strength of up and coming British riders.”
Read the 2016 Britannia League round up
2016 Britannia League standings (updated daily)
2016 Fairfax Britannia League fixtures
The following CIC3* and CCI3* fixtures in Great Britain are qualifying events for the Britannia League in 2016 are as follows:
- 25th – 27th March, The Owen Pugh Burgham International (1), Northumberland
- 1st – 3rd April, Barefoot Estates Burnham Market International (1), Norfolk
- 16th – 17th April, Belton Park International, Lincolnshire
- 14th – 15th May, The Dodson & Horrell Chatsworth International, Derbyshire
- 9th – 12th June, Equi-Trek Bramham International, Yorkshire
- 17th – 19th June, Gillespie Macandrew Hopetoun International, East Lothian
- 7th – 10th July, The St. James's Place Wealth Management Barbury International, Wiltshire
- 29th – 30th July, The Owen Pugh Burgham International (2), Northumberland
- 11th – 14th August, NAF Five Star Hartpury International, Gloucestershire
- 25th – 28th August, Blair Castle, Perthshire
- 8th – 11th September, Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire
*To have register as starting the competition and to no longer be eligible for the Britannia League, the horse and rider must have withdrawn before the dressage phase of FEI Eurpoean, WEG or Olympic competitions.
If you have any queries relating to this league or require further information about British riders please email email@example.com.