The Britannia League was developed by longstanding BE supporter and Event Horse Owner Nigella Hall, with British Eventing, to give British riders who haven't started competition at FEI European Championships, World Equestrians Games or Olympic Games, a substantial reward to target each season.
The League uses the BE points system, with points being accrued at three star level events in the UK as well as at FEI Nations Cup fixtures.
The 2017 winning owner and rider will each receive at BE membership for 2018 and a 2018 season ticket for the winning horse. The Owner of the leading horse will also be presented with a beautiful bronze trophy, thanks to Nigella Hall.
The 2016 league was won by Sam Ecroyd and his own Wodan III. Read the 2016 round up here
2017 Britannia League standings (updated daily)
2017 Britannia League fixtures
The following CIC3* and CCI3* fixtures in Great Britain are qualifying events for the Britannia League in 2017 are as follows:
- 24th - 26th March, The Owen Pugh Burgham International (1), Northumberland (Abandoned)
- 31st March - 2nd April, Belton Park International, Lincolnshire
- 13th - 15th April, Barefoot Estates Burnham Market International (1), Norfolk
- 13th - 14th May, The Dodson & Horrell Chatsworth International, Derbyshire
- 25th - 28th May, Houghton International, Norfolk
- 8th - 11th June, Equi-Trek Bramham International, Yorkshire
- 6th - 9th July, The St. James's Place Wealth Management Barbury International, Wiltshire
- 28th – 30th July, The Owen Pugh Burgham International (2), Northumberland
- 10th - 13th August, NAF Five Star Hartpury International, Gloucestershire
- 24th - 27th August, Blair Castle, Perthshire
- 14th - 17th September, Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire
*To have register as starting the competition and to no longer be eligible for the Britannia League, the horse and rider must have withdrawn before the dressage phase of FEI Eurpoean, WEG or Olympic competitions.
If you have any queries relating to this league or require further information about British riders please email email@example.com.