We announced earlier in the year the introduction of a new Team Challenge competition for adult riders at BE80(T) and BE90 Open level with qualifiers leading to a National Championship.
We have taken feedback from the Grassroots Rider Working Group and have adapted the concept for 2020 to concentrate on a direct-entry Team Challenge competition at both BE80(T) and BE90 Open level to be held at Weston Park (2) 10-11 October 2020. We hope that this will give riders additional time to form teams and we look forward to revisiting the full pilot in 2021.
See further details below on eligibility and how to enter the 2020 Rowen Barbary Team Challenge at Weston Park (2).
Do I have to be a member to take part?
All riders must be members of British Eventing to compete – but did you know that for the qualifiers this includes a Day Pass Membership? Day Pass membership costs just £15 and Horse and Rider Day Passes are £16 each, reduced from £32 to £25 when both are purchased at the same time.
|View the full rules and eligibility criteria - updated rules COMING SOON!|
The application and entry process
Are you ready to get involved? Follow our step by step guide:
1. View the full rules and eligibility criteria HERE.
2. Gather a team of between 3-4 combinations (use our designated Facebook group to find team members HERE!) and appoint a team captain
3. You will need to register your interest online first. Before applying, make sure that all members of your team have their details registered with British Eventing (both human and equine!). You don't need to be a paid member at the time of applying, only at the point of making the entry. Riders can register details on our system HERE, and you can find information on registering your horse HERE.
4. Decide which team competition you want to enter at Weston Park - either the RTC BE80 or RTC BE90 Open.
5. When applications open, apply for your class of choice (applications will be accepted on a first come first serve basis so make sure to get yours in EARLY!). Once applications have closed, you will be notified as to whether your team has been successful.
6. If your team was notified as being accepted, make your entries once Weston Park (2) opens. You will each enter the designated section i.e. RTC80 or RTC90 as an individual stating which team you are in on the entry form. At least three team members will need to make an entry by Ballot Date in order to avoid the team place being passed down to the next team on the waitlist.
7. Have fun!
We look forward to welcoming you to the Team Challenge as Weston Park (2), 10-11 October 2020 sponsored by Rowen Barbary.