Become a British Eventing Supporter
Eventing is extremely accessible so being a supporter is the perfect way to be at the centre of the action without a horse! Its a sport steeped in history and tradition so there's lots to keep the "groupies" happy while our teams at Pony, Junior, Young Rider and Senior level are some of Britain's most successful so you're almost guaranteed to be following winners.
How to support eventing
Fans can follow riders, horses or teams via the British Eventing website. In the BE Informed section you'll find all the latest sporting news, plans for each of the teams with selection updates, rider and horse rankings, rider biographies and details of all our fixtures - when and where they're taking place. In addition there are links to some of the riders' websites.
From just £37 you will receive a year's subscription to the British Eventing Magazine which contains full schedules for all events, BE Rule Book and a car pass which gains entry into all one day fixtures (not CIC** and above international events).
Horse Trials Support Group (HTSG)
The ultimate group of supporters in the sport is the HTSG which is for private supporters committed to aiding and funding training and development of talented riders for Britain's three-day event teams. Since its inception in 1978, the HTSG has contributed over £1million to the sport.
From membership income, the HTSG is able to:
- Finance special courses with top trainers for riders invited by the Selection Committee (including Junior, Young Rider and Pony team candidates)
- Award an Annual Scholarship for a young rider who has shown particular promise during the season
The advent of Lottery Funding has identified another vital role for the HTSG, since any sport receiving funding is required to match the grant by 10 per cent. The bigger the grant, the more the sport needs to raise.
The HTSG also organises occasional fundraising projects in aid of some special requirements for the British Team.
Membership benefits include:
- Free Hospitality Tent at Badminton Horse Trials (including Season Car Pass for central parking and admission for two people at Badminton Horse Trials on application and for which guest badges may be purchased)
- Free Membership of Burghley Horse Trials (on application)
- Enamelled badge and periodic newsletters on the HTSG's plans and activities, including a report from the Senior Selection Committee
- Occasional parties, tours, course walks & social activities for which members may purchase tickets and to which they may bring guests
If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to email BE using the form below.