British Eventing Forum Rules & Regulations
Welcome to the BE forum Rules and Regulations
Below are the terms and conditions for use of the British Eventing forum area. Please ensure that you read these thoroughly before tkaing part in any of our online forums.
Acceptance of terms
- Use of the BE forum indicates your acceptance of these forum terms and conditions of use.
- Companies/individuals must not use the forum to advertise any products or services.
- Users may only register one username. Creating of a second username for use by the same person will not be tolerated.
- BE reserves the right to remove access to the forum for any users who mimic another user's identity and/or register identities of a similar or identical nature to persons in the public eye.
- Like the rest of society, users of the forum should adhere to basic standards and nothing false or misleading should be posted.
- Anyone placing racist material on this forum is committing a criminal offence - namely Incitement to Racial Hatred under the Race Relations Act. All details are therefore passed on to the people who provide the computers from which that message has been sent
- Do not post rude or abusive messages - including personal attacks on other users.
- Do not post defamatory or other insulting or inappropriate messages.
- Anything that is placed onto the forum must not infringe the intellectual property or other rights of any third party or breach any applicable laws.
- Users must not use this forum for transmitting any “spam” or “junk mail”, or any other form of commercial solicitation.
- Users must not post onto the forum anything that contains any software viruses or any other code, file, program designed to harm the function of any computer or telecommunications equipment.
- Users must not collect or store (or attempt to collect or store) any personal data that they may receive about other users of the forum.
- If under the age of 18 a user will need to obtain a parent or guardian's permission before posting anything onto the forum. You should never reveal personal information about yourself, such as your address, telephone number and school.
- If a user fails to adhere to these terms and conditions, BE reserves the right to terminate the user's participation on the forum. BE also reserves the right to terminate the user's participation on the forum if their behaviour is damaging or potentially damaging to the forum community.
- Users who post defamatory, obscene, racial or otherwise offensive material on this forum acknowledge that this may expose them to the risk of legal action (whether civil or criminal) being taken against them.
- Any user who has had their access to the forum terminated and attempts to regain access may have further action taken against them.
- Please note that the BE forum is not heavily moderated and we therefore rely upon notifications from other users regarding abuse of the forum. We reserve the right to remove or edit any posting on the forum that contravenes these terms and conditions.
- Users of the forum do so entirely at their own risk. As such, to the extent permitted by law, users release BE, its directors, contractors and employees from all liability arising out of or in connection with the forum and the material submitted to it by third parties
- Problems or complaints should be directed to Claire. This is particularly if you notice that a user is contravening these terms and conditions.
- The views of users of the forum are not necessarily those of British Eventing.