Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter youtube.com/britisheventinggb News feed Contact us

Basket is empty

Quick Links» Event Calendar
» News
» Hotline
» My Details
» Find a BE Coach
» Find a Course Builder
» BE Life Magazine
» Rule Book
» Safety
» My Event Diary
» Downloads

Forum

FORUM:

Ask BE

• Poster
  • Topic Lead

Beads 15.05.2010 : 21:07

Cross country numbers (colour)

Please can you tell me who decides on what colour the numbers are for each class for cross country? Rodbaston had red numbers for their BE100?! Orange, pink, yellow are all quite similar (especially in the sunshine), when you have all the colours of the rainbow to choose from, why some so similar - or maybe I'm just colour blind?!

• Poster
  • Topic Lead

DarkHorse 16.05.2010 : 11:02

Re: RE: Cross country numbers (colour)

I agree! I very nearly jumped a Novice fence at our first Intro as with the sun shining so brightly it definitely looked orange!!

Nick Wallbridge 16.05.2010 : 15:48

The colour of flags are defined in the rules (4.37 pp50):

"... Obstacles will be colour indicated according to their Class
a. Advanced – BLUE
b. Advanced/Intermediate and all other Intermediate Classes – GREEN
c. Novice all classes (except Pre-) – YELLOW
d. BE100, BE100 Open & BE100 Plus – PINK
e. BE90 - ORANGE
f. BE80 - PURPLE ..."

Beads 17.05.2010 : 11:49

Yes I realise that, but I just wondered who decided on these colours as they are all very similar?

Rodbaston had red numbers for BE100, all BE80 I've seen are black and white?!

Carolyn Simm
(BE Staff Member)
17.05.2010 : 13:02

When the sport started tehre was Novice, Intermediate and Advanced and Yellow, Green and Bright Blue were all easily distinguishable. Then came PN/BE100 so we went for Pink (the thought being that Red might be confused with the Right Hand fence flag). That really cover the spectrum so when Intro/BE90 was invented we went for another bright colour whilst with BE80 we had exhausted the red/yellow sector of the spectrum so went for a dark colour.